Assistant Manager - Loan Services
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
The position is located in Hong Kong and report to Head of Loan Services APAC or delegated Loan Documentation Team Manager. The candidate will be assigned to following responsibilities:
- Prepare and issue banking facility letter and related security documents for standard uncommitted bilateral facilities for Business Lines (Commodities Finance, Corporate Coverage HK and MNC).
- Perform first level conformity checks on the credit terms under the facility and security agreements against the credit approval terms and conditions, and to escalate for approval if required (for Corporate Coverage Team, Supply Chain Management and Commodities Finance Team).
- Ensure satisfaction of condition precedent, internal guideline before disbursement for facilities.
- Liaise with legal department for advice when dealing with complicated cases and or in case of any amendment under facility letter and security documents
- Liaise and instruct external lawyers in relation to preparation of external legal opinion, complicated security package, loan agreement, mortgages, release of mortgages etc. (including cross checking of letters among team members).
- Review completeness and acceptability of the legal documents for lending business and ensuring all follow-up actions are taken by the business line.
- Follow up all security documents with expiry dates with business line/issuing branch (including obtain bank line for renewal for securities).
- Collect various fees such as renewal, commitment and upfront fee (including cross checking among team members)
- Prepare memo to relevant departments to arrange retrocession payment on inter-branch Accreditif.
- System input and upload of banking facility letter and security documents to department drive.
- Input of the guarantee data in the Guarantee Received Inventory Template and keep up to date the Inventory Template.
- Prepare and check Commercial Credit Reference Agency (CCRA) consent form according to Ordre Du Jour (ODJ) ticket.
- Handle all registration and filing/release of security documents
- Seek management approval in case of deviation of the credit and legal terms previously approved by the Credit Committee.
- Obtain verbal and written valuations for mortgaged properties.
- Review tenancy agreement and liaise with Business line/RM for new and renew insurance policies.
- Follow up the receipt of title deeds for newly mortgaged properties.
- Follow up the audit financial statement from Business Line for both customers and guarantors on a regular basis.
- Prepare letters/tested telex (using swift alliance) to release liabilities of the guarantors/SBLC/Bank Guarantee.
- Issue demand letter or claim on Accreditif / Stand-By Letter of Credit (SBLC) / Bank Guarantee/security documents with expiry date using tested telex.
- Handle court orders and enquiries from government officials.
- Issue freeze account memo to various departments for winding up cases (including cross checking among team members).
- Perform audit confirmation (for Corporate Coverage, Supply Chain Management and Commodities Finance Team).
- Perform document in vault and filing for Corporate Coverage, Supply Chain Management, Syndication Loan, Shipping, and Commodities Finance Team).
- Perform 1st level check on syndication loans.
- No operational loss incurred by the Bank due to incorrect 1st level documentation checks and omission to renew the received guarantees and securities.
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
- Participate to Business Contingency Plan (BCP).
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Excellent command of MS Office (Word+ Excel+ PowerPoint)
- Planning & Organization skills (setup and follow schedules)
- Proficient in English. Good oral and written English communication skills with internal and external clients.
- Work under pressure
- Accurate and attention to details
- Committed and Motivated by a strong sense of accountability and care about delivering.
- Team player and Collaborative
- Diploma or degree holder
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in a credit and legal documentation team
- Experience with syndication deals is a must