Provide compliance oversight, challenges and support to functional units and act as contact point with regulators.
- To provide support to BU and/or SU in the development, implementation and regular review of policies and procedures for their operations with due regard to all applicable regulatory requirements
- To provide good quality and timely dissemination of regulatory requirements, guidelines and circulars to BU and SU within the Bank’s regulatory dissemination framework
- To maintain internal control systems for meeting regulatory obligations, eg Obligation Register to record circular and regulation and to keep track of the status on the due dates of regulatory submission
- To be the primary contact with the regulators and be responsible for delivering proactive and consistent management of regulatory expectation and relationships towards the Bank
- To supervise and advise on regular submissions/ad-hoc surveys, regulatory information request/enquiries/onsite inspection and liaise with regulators and coordinate appropriate responses to their queries
- To provide support to the Head of Regulatory Compliance to maintain effective regulatory engagement and full oversight of regulatory developments
- To handle and manage the outsourcing applications or notifications to regulators
- To handle and file the incident and breached reports to the regulators according to the regulatory requirements
- To advise and/or supervise the subordinates to give advice to BU and SU on data privacy matters
- To deliver and facilitate relevant trainings to staff members
- To represent Compliance to attend working groups and committees as required
- To provide compliance oversight and support to overseas branches
- To provide coaching & training to subordinates
- To take up other assignments from time to time assigned by the Head of Legal & Compliance
- Good knowledge in banking laws, operations, products and services
- Expertise in compliance regulations and practices and have good understanding on regulators’ expectation
- Well-versed with the market trend and situation regarding compliance locally and worldwide (as applicable)
- Degree holder in Law, Accounting or related disciplines
- Minimum 12 years legal, general audit or compliance experience including at least 3 years’ management experience in legal / compliance area in a sizable financial institution and/or regulatory bodies.
For more details about career opportunities with the Bank, please visit our website http://www.cncbinternational.com/careers/en/index.jsp. Please apply with full resume stating current and expected salaries via https://careers.cncbinternational.com.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment related purposes only. Applicants not invited for interview within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. However, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Group for a period of not more than 2 years. Personal data will be destroyed at any time after 3 months.
China CITIC Bank International is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and intends to provide a work environment free of unlawful discrimination or harassment. All employment decisions will be made in a non-discriminatory manner.