The incumbent will be responsible for producing and analysing the monthly closing and quarterly financial reports on IFRS and statutory basis to the relevant reporting bodies. He or she will prepare balance sheet reconciliation, assist the internal and external audit, and support regulatory queries including Insurance Authority and Inland Revenue Department.
- Produce financial statements measuring under statutory, IFRS and CGAAP basis on the relevant reporting period basis
- Assist to analyze financial statements and identify the drivers of performance
- Prepare account reconciliation to ensure accuracy of financial statements and follow up actions to close issues identified
- Prepare and assist audit e.g. audited financial statements
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and relevant control procedures are followed
- Participate in user acceptance test on new products launch, system enhancement and other ad-hoc projects
- Prepare various fillings to regulatory bodies as request
- Review payment applications and ensure prompt and accurate payment process
- Assist in IFRS 17 project implementation
Qualifications / Experience
- Major in accounting, qualified accountant is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years solid and relevant experiences in in life insurance industry.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to work independently, under pressures and demanding deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an ability to distil technical information into clear simple messages
- Experience in Oracle is an advantage
- High level of analytical skills
Reports To Role