Assistant Analyst / Analyst – Credit Ratings
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Pengyuan Credit Rating (Hong Kong) Company Limited
- 06 Dec 17 2017-12-06
We are an international credit rating agency with a rapidly growing presence in the offshore fixed income markets. To cope with our expansion, we are looking for a high-caliber candidate to join us as Assistant Analyst / Analyst – Sovereign Credit Ratings. The new joiner will support senior analysts on credit rating assignments, research projects, financial modelling and data maintenance.
- Support the development of methodology regarding sovereign governments, subnational governments and other areas of public finance.
- Prepare analytical reports and recommendations for rating committees on sovereign and public finance entities.
- Prepare or contribute to research reports on topical economic, fiscal, financial or political issues related to the creditworthiness of sovereign and public entities.
- Undertake and coordinate the collection of data and maintenance of databases to support the above-mentioned analytical tasks.
- Participate in external analytical meetings with issuers, investment banks, regulators and other external parties.
- Travel will be required within the region.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in an economics or finance-related discipline, with significant knowledge of macroeconomics, international economics and/or public finance.
- Experience covering sovereign, public finance or macroeconomics in a research or analytical capacity.
- For the Assistant Analyst position, 1 year’s relevant work experience is required; For the Analyst position, 1-3+ years’ experience is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office and basic knowledge of econometrics. Significant experience with Excel functions is plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines under time pressure.
- Diligent and intellectually curious self-starter with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed.
- Strong command of written and spoken English and Chinese. Fluency in Mandarin is a plus.