Assistant Actuarial Manager, IFRS 17 Actuarial - HSBC Life
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Assistant Actuarial Manager, IFRS 17 Actuarial
. Principal responsibilities
- Assistance in development of optimal methodologies for implementing global policies and standards for the entity
- Assistance with calculation of transition balance sheet items
- Ensure IFRS 17 actuarial models accommodate foreseeable future requirements and growth for the entity
- Ensure IFRS 17 actuarial models for the entity comply with HSBC's model risk policy
- Assist in the communication and training of the new standard towards Risk, Finance and Business in the entity
- Assist implementation of the actuarial aspects of IFRS 17 standard and work with the central project team
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative subject
- Qualified or making good progress with the actuarial examination from an International Actuarial Association recognized actuarial body
- Solid years of experiences with reporting processes and the reporting control environment
- Knowledge of IFRS 17 will be an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of planning and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal or external stakeholders.
- Ability to bring analytical rigour and structure and effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
- Strong communication skills, applicable through multiple channels
- Can work analytically and innovatively
- Can meet tight deadline as set by the group and regulation often within short timescales
- Can work closely with external specialists
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.