Assistant Actuarial Manager, Chief Actuary Office (Projects)
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Support the responsibilities of the Chief Actuary Office to deliver high quality outputs by: (i) acting as an internal consultant in providing technical advisory support in actuarial projects; (ii) providing project management support on large scale actuarial projects as required; and (iii) managing key stakeholders' communications.
- Actuarial Projects - Act as an internal consultant to provide technical advisory support on a wide range of actuarial projects assigned by the team head or the Chief Actuary. Develop innovative solutions to complex issues and take ownership in ensuring successful delivery of projects.
- Project management - Provide project management support on cross functional, large scale actuarial projects assigned by the team head or the Chief Actuary, work in collaboration with the BAU actuarial teams to deliver quality outputs.
- Stakeholder management - Management of key internal / external stakeholders, including presenting to senior management and construct responses to queries from internal / external stakeholders and regulators, working with other actuarial teams to ensure a coherent and consistent story with the company's aims and alignment of messages with different parties.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries or equivalent.
- University graduate.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, candidates with less experience will be considered for the SO role.
- Solid experience in the life insurance industry with broad technical knowledge of different actuarial functions and actuarial bases.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to deliver clear messages to senior stakeholders is a plus.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Good command of both spoken and written English.
- Actuarial consultancy background is a plus.