Assistant/Manager/Senior Manager/Associate Director, New Business & Underwriting
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description Role Summary:
We are recruiting for multiple positions within our Underwriting and New Business team and at various levels of seniority up to Associate Director.
We are looking for Underwriting professionals to drive and support our Hong Kong Insurance business. This is a critical underwriting role in the team, playing a key responsibility in helping the Insurance Division maintain its strong business results and achieve its strategic objectives. The role will be under Underwriting Team with responsibilities involving underwriting of new business, existing policies, handling enquiries from distribution channels and internal customer, conducting underwriting trainings, visiting agency branches, and, involving new business, underwriting related projects and internal staff training.
This role will be based in Hong Kong
- Manage daily operations, ensuring satisfactory services to advisors within agreed turnaround time
- Be the first port of call to resolve appeals and complaints
- Ensure underwriting standards as per Audits Guidelines while meeting pricing assumptions of mortality and morbidity
- Polish and enhance underwriting rules and guidelines, ensuring that both are reasonable and practical and on a par with market practices
- Keep track of competitors' practices, delivering recommendations and business cases to enable upgrade of existing guidelines
- Streamline and enhance workflows and processes, ensuring satisfactory resource usage and process efficiency at the operation level
- Participate in product development and lead implementation from Underwriting
- Responsible for MIS analytics and make recommendations for improvement
- Conduct and arrange professional training for underwriters
- Lead projects including new product implementation and Customer Experience Transformation project when required
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree holder
- Relevant work experience, preferably from life insurance industry or medical field
- LOMA qualification/FLMI preferred
- Able to work under dynamic environment
- Customer oriented and attentive to details
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
Please note - candidates with less experience will be considered for the post of Manager or Senior Manager Underwriting. If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of December 31, 2018, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$794 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.0 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.