Asset Management Division, Vice President/Executive Director, China Institutional Sales Team, Hong Kong
Asset Management Division (AMD) is one of the world's leading investment managers. AMD provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The AMD China Institutional Team is responsible for the generation of new business as well as the ongoing servicing of existing mandates with institutional investors across China. We deliver investment ideas and innovative solutions to investors to help them navigate changing markets, and serve as the key point of contact for clients regarding all matters relating to their investments.
We are seeking an exceptionally driven professional with strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. As part of the AMD Asia ex-Japan Institutional Team, this individual will work closely with senior team members to retain, manage, enhance and develop institutional client relationships in the region, and ultimately drive commercial impact.
- Develop deep relationships with key clients and our target clients base from mid to senior level in order to understand the clients' investment direction, providing advice and solutions to clients leveraging AMD's global resources and products
- Work with the sales team on the implementation of strategic sales and marketing plans in order to expand our business in China over the long term
- Act as a liaison point for AMD, connecting our Chinese institutional business with the rest of the firm not only in China but within AMD regionally and globally
- Identify potential cross selling opportunities and to work effectively across other divisions in order to achieve common client goals
- Coordinate client Request for Proposal responses with the relevant teams and prepare presentation material pitch books by working closely with the internal teams (e.g. portfolio management team, product management team, client services team, etc.)
- Good knowledge and passion for the asset management business and capital markets
- 7+ years of experience in institutional coverage needed
- Exceptional attention to detail, and ability to drive tasks to completion in a highly organized manner
- Fast learner who is able handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to build trust and confidence of colleagues, and collaborate well with others
- Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- HK SFC Type 1 license required, or will be required to be obtained within 3 months of joining
- Undergraduate degree in business or finance related studies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity