Asset Management, Communication Control Group, Marketing, Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential. Job Description:
We have an opportunity for an individual with compliance or regulatory experience to join our APAC Communication Control Group (CCG) in Hong Kong. The successful candidate will possess a thorough understanding of regulations on marketing activities in Hong Kong coupled with a pro-active attitude and strong communication skills. Team description:
The Communication Control Group (CCG) is a global function residing in the distribution business of J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Its mission is to deliver a framework and service that empowers the entire global asset management business to generate and disseminate regulatory compliant communications in the most effective and timely manner to our retail, intermediary and institutional clients. To achieve this, the group needs to actively engage with other functions across the distribution business: marketing, sales and client services, and the product desks. The team also retains a close partnership with the compliance organization as well as the CCG teams in US and EMEA.
As part of APAC CCG, Hong Kong CCG acts in a role of Marketing Compliance taking the lead to safeguard the business by providing advice and guidance in preparing compliant communications in accordance with both the external rules and regulations and the internal firm-wide policies and the control mechanism. Hong Kong CCG also assist on the marketing related governance topics to help facilitate effective and prudent practices that contribute to the long-term success of the business.
The function will have a reporting line to Head of APAC CCG; and will partner closely amongst teams across APAC and Global. Job description:
As a member of the APAC CCG you will be responsible for working with the distribution business and product desks to ensure their client communications are subject to the appropriate, and most efficient, levels of control and oversight. You will need a thorough understanding of marketing regulations, a strong sense of collaboration and conviction, and core communication skills in order to clearly and concisely guide the business. The Hong Kong CCG will review marketing materials disseminated predominantly in Hong Kong and some of the markets in Asia Pacific. Your key responsibilities will include:
• Review of medium and high risk client communications/marketing materials for the Hong Kong client base such as print ad, client presentations, brochures, digital properties and new communication templates.
• Pro-active engagement in the review of globally distributed client communications
• Oversight of low risk materials self-certified by the business
• Provide the business with day-to-day up-front content advice
• Involvement with the preparation and delivery of marketing training across the business.
• Help ensure that all areas of the business have appropriate policies and procedures in place
• Regulatory filing as required
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of the regulatory environment and an awareness of the evolving mediums and methods used for marketing activities Qualification:
Essential experience / knowledge / competencies
• Good academic or professional qualifications
• Proven experience in a similar role either within the business, legal, compliance, controls department or within a regulator in relation to asset management products and services
• Experience reviewing social media and digital communications
• Experience working with a system based communication review process
• Clear and concise communicator with strong collaboration skills
• Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and priorities workload
• Strong attention to detail and quality
• Organized and efficient working well under pressure and within tight deadlines
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy and conviction are essential
• Fluent in English and Cantonese, Mandarin
Desirable experience / knowledge
• A practical working knowledge of all asset classes and financial instruments
• Experience working with the Documentum workflow tool
• Experience working within a large global organization