Asian Credit Research Analyst
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd
- 16 Apr 19
As the Asian Credit Research Analyst at Schroders, you will add value to Schroders' Fixed Income funds and managed accounts through investment recommendations in the Asian corporate bond markets (investment grade, high yield, US dollar, local currency and convertible bonds) by effective fundamental credit research.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Generate successful investment ideas in the Asian corporate bond universe which are implementable and compliant with client and regulatory guidelines. Performance may be measured against the investment objective (performance target or benchmark) using Schroders recommendation scale. One measure of this will be the performance of buy (1 and 2) investment recommendations vs. sell (3 and 4) investment recommendations as measured by the in-house Analyst Reporting Module. Analysts should make full use of 1-4 investment recommendation scale.
- Maintain up-to-date coverage of appropriate credits in assigned sectors
- Proactively explore new credit investment opportunities in assigned sectors
- Author research on all credits under coverage with a focus on credits that are material to the portfolios
- Update investment recommendations regularly to reflect changes in market pricing
- Research and document sound analytical conclusions by highlighting key credit drivers and demonstrating thorough knowledge of issuers and sectors covered
- Respond promptly and effectively to requests for analyses, new issues and other credit developments
- Review/update the coverage universe to fit to the portfolio managers’ requirements including the identification of opportunities outside current coverage
- Communicate credit opinions and investment recommendations to portfolio managers and other interested parties across Schroders timely and clearly
- Make full use of the Trade Ideas list. Ensure ideas are refreshed at least bi-weekly
- Participate fully in credit strategy meetings; constructively challenge ideas/recommendations
- Provide input to departmental processes and procedures as appropriate ill order to foster an environment of continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following requisites:
- Degree graduate with at least 5-7 years of relevant experience especially on China focused markets
- Enjoy being in a team environment within the credit research and fixed income team
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and enjoy mentoring junior credit analysts
- Enjoys interacting with clients