Asia Regional Tax Advisor for Securities Services, Vice President-Hong Kong
- This position will be based in HongKong. You will be the Corporate Tax Lead(reporting to the regional Corporate Tax management team) to oversee all taxmatters relating to the Corporateand Investment Bank's Securities Services businesses in the Asia Pacific region, inparticular Global Custody as well as Securities Lending, CollateralManagement, Fund Accounting and Depository Receipts.
- As a key member of the Corporate Taxteam, you will partner closely with key business and functional stakeholders,and promote effective interaction and communications at all levels.
- As a key strategic partner to theBusiness, you will focus exclusively on tax advisory as part of an integratedfunction, identify and recommend tax effective solutions for the firm, and supportpragmatic solutions that ensure compliance.
- Candidates with more experience willbe considered for more senior job title and appropriate compensation.
- Define and manage Corporate Tax deliverables and priorities across the Securities Services businesses and ensure alignment with business strategy.
- Providing tax technical advisory support, monitoring and interpreting the impact and application of Asia tax market changes, detailing and communicating key tax considerations and requirements that would impact business product design.
- Collaboration with key business partners, Global Corporate Tax team and Global Custody Product Tax team to address all spectrums of tax considerations.
- Develop and define tax effective controls and measures for products and business initiatives
- Be the tax technical center of excellence and contribute thought leadership to market / industry advocacy.
- Support firm-wide and team specific initiatives as well as other ad hoc projects impacting the Securities Services Businesses.
- Experienced tax professional withproven business acumen and maturity to interact with senior management and lineof business personnel.
- Applicants must have at least 10years of professional tax experience in a tax advisory role. Experience within the financial servicesindustry is preferred, particularly in the custodian bank, funds or assetmanagement sector.
- Knowledge of financial marketproducts, broad Asia tax experience and knowledge of international taxprinciples and processes (including fund structures; asset management vehicles;tax residency; beneficial ownership status; and tax treaty entitlements etc.) wouldbe highly beneficial.
- Ability to critically analyze businessoperations and transactions from a tax perspective with an appreciation of thewider business perspectives (e.g., legal, compliance, reputation, operation etc.).
- Strong communication (both writtenand verbal), partnership and leadership skills, attention to detail andpositive / proactive attitude.