Asia Pacific Investment Banking and Capital Markets Lawyer, Vice President, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in Institutional Securities, Wealth Management and Investment Management. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. People are the source of our competitive advantage and our franchise is built upon dedicated and talented professionals who consistently set industry standards for integrity, expertise and leadership.
Morgan Stanley’s Legal and Compliance Department helps preserve the Firm’s invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the Firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world while maintaining cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the Firm’s businesses.
A global leader in investment banking, Morgan Stanley consistently ranks among the top firms in equity underwriting, debt financing and M&A. Our Investment Banking Division offers unsurpassed financial advisory and capital-raising services to corporations, organizations and governments around the world.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, the Asia Pacific Investment Banking and Capital Markets Legal Coverage Group currently seeks a lawyer to provide coverage to our Investment Banking (IBD) and Global Capital Markets (GCM) business units across Asia Pacific (ex-Japan).
While you will be a member of a close-knit team of highly skilled lawyers in Hong Kong and across the region, you will work as part of a large and well organised Legal and Compliance Department with over 200 professionals in the region where there are excellent career development opportunities.
You will have these key responsibilities:
• Working collaboratively with investment bankers to provide top quality legal advice and support for the region’s highest profile equity and debt underwriting transactions
• Interacting regularly with senior management, Risk Officers, Compliance and other stakeholders to manage Legal risk and protect the Firm’s reputation
• Instructing and managing relationships with external counsel
• Devising policies and procedures to adapt to regulatory changes
• Contributing to training and knowledge sharing programs for IBD/GCM and Legal and Compliance
• Team player with first rate analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues in a fast-paced environment
• Flexible, proactive, and entrepreneurial
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (including legal drafting) in English
• Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin Chinese is beneficial
• US, HK, UK or Singapore qualified (or other common law jurisdiction) with around 5-8 years of post-qualification experience at a top tier international law firm or a leading investment bank
• Prior experience in US capital market transactions (including US IPO) is an advantage