Asia Investment Banking Control - Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential. Description:
Asia Investment Banking consists of Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Capital Markets Origination (ECM, High Grade and Leverage Finance Origination) and Investment Banking Coverage (IBC) which is a non product aligned business that 'houses' the senior client relationship bankers/executives (CE's) responsible for developing/maintaining a strategic dialogue with JPMorgan's covered clients The function of the Controller team:
o Responsible for the overall integrity and accuracy of the financial statements
o Overall governance of the transaction control cycle
o Preparation of regulatory returns for the business including ownership of the balance sheet, reported P&L and adherence to regulatory and financial/accounting standards.
o Advise the business on accounting, regulatory, tax and other specific deal accounting matters
o Pro-actively support the business activities
The Asia IB Controller team is an ideal area for a highly motivated candidate to develop their career. The team is involved with the core M&A and capital market finance raising business. The team partners with a multitude of regional & global stakeholders to deliver on the product control agenda whilst providing the business meaningful and timely support and analysis.
The individual will cover a wide range of responsibilities including:
• Controller for the GIB business, work closely with stakeholders (Front Office, Middle Office, Business managers, Operations, Legal Entity Control, Tax) day to day as a controller.
• Lead the booking related discussions and partner with front office, BMs and controllers
• Partner with key stakeholders to set up and implement new practices/processes, identify deficiencies and/or weaknesses, and enhance the control and reporting environment in the business.
• Support legal entity controllers on preparation of regulatory returns applicable to the GIB business.
• Support head office external reporting and month-end closing process for the APAC region (Emerging Asia, Australia and Japan) GIB business
• General Ledger - responsibility for the ownership, review and sign-off of balance sheet and P&L statements
• Month-end close - ensuring accurate and complete close-off of books & records for the month ensuring all close-off entries, FX trade-outs and resolution of any Front office-GL breaks as well as daily reporting of close-off PL is completed on a timely basis.
• Ad hoc queries and business critical project support as required in a dynamic business environment Qualifications/Skills required:
• Minimum 9years experience with accounting / financial services background
• Control and efficiency mindset
• Dynamic team player able to adapt to changing environment and multiple demands
• Excellent interpersonal, written & verbal communication and influencing skills
• Proactive, keen to learn and take on new responsibility
• Strong organizational and time management skills: able to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines
• Confidence in liaising with stakeholders across different functions & levels of seniority
• Fluent written and spoken English; Chinese (Mandarin) preferable.