Working closely with the Global Head of Regulatory Reporting the Asia Head of Regulatory Reporting will have responsibility for all APAC operational processes to ensure that FIL fulfils its regulatory obligations. It is the responsibility of the APAC Regulatory Reporting Head to ensure the regulatory reports are submitted with the highest accuracy and quality and within the regulatory deadlines.
Regulatory Reporting is a department within Global Asset Management Operations responsible for submitting various shareholding reports as required by law and financial regulations in Europe, Middle East, Asian and African jurisdictions. The group is also responsible for all of Fidelity's post trade reporting obligations like EMIR, ASIC, MIFID Transaction and Trade reporting. The Regulatory Reporting function is a global team based in Hong Kong, Dublin and Dalian covering all relevant regions. Types of regulatory filings include substantial shareholder requirements, takeovers, short-selling, OTC derivatives and industry specific requirements. The Global Regulatory Reporting team analyses the shareholdings of funds within FIL, and its affiliated company in the US FMR so it can calculate the shareholdings that need to be disclosed under local jurisdictions. Once this has been established filings are made to companies and regulators as required by local laws and regulations.
Due to the nature of the function there is a requirement to cover some public holidays throughout the year.
This opportunity is to lead the APAC section of the Global Regulatory Reporting Team team based in Hong Kong and Dalian.
Working closely with the Global Head of Regulatory Reporting the Asia Head of Regulatory Reporting will have responsibility for all APAC operational processes to ensure that FIL fulfils its regulatory obligations. It is the responsibility of the APAC Regulatory Reporting Head to ensure the regulatory reports are submitted with the highest accuracy and quality and within the regulatory deadlines. The APAC Head of Regulatory reporting will also continue to drive synergies and best practices with the EMEA Regulatory reporting team as we continue on our journey to establish one Global Regulatory reporting team. You will work closely with internal stakeholders e.g. compliance, legal and other operations teams, as well as colleagues from the US office to ensure Fidelity's regulatory reporting standard meet and exceed expectations.
What you will do
- Lead a single team providing global coverage holding ultimate responsibility for all decisions and outcomes produced by the team
- Oversee global team management and development including appraisals, staff development and recruitment, including performance and career development aspects
- Forge strong relationships with internal stakeholders demonstrating exceptional influencing skills and the ability to balance multiple, often conflicting priorities
- Have full responsibility for the risk and control environment, ensuring the analysis and output meets expected quality and is operating in an effective and efficient manner
- Work with other internal and external parties to ensure that any queries or issues are brought to a prompt resolution
- Work with internal departments to ensure that all roles and responsibilities are clearly understood
- Have responsibility for ensuring the internal governance forums and oversight process is in place
- Support controls testing, internal audits, compliance reviews as well as supporting and conducting due diligence reviews
- Work closely with Investment Legal and other teams to ensure ongoing compliance with regulation and future regulatory changes are clearly understood
- Work closely with Technology to ensure that systems are developed to accommodate regulatory requirements and process improvements
- Ensure that projects are supported and delivered upon in conjunction with the various change and automation teams.
- Ensure that the function is up to date with all new regulatory requirements and current internal initiatives and directives
- Ensure the function's management reporting and performance metrics are best in class to support management reporting and planning
- Collaborate with peers and senior management on initiatives and projects that impact the wider Fidelity Enterprise
Who you are
- A senior leader and proven people manager with a track record in building and developing operational teams functioning in a complex environment
- Experienced in managing a diverse team as part of a larger global team, one that is operating across multiple business areas at any given time
- Can demonstrate strong relationship management and influencing skills - having the proven ability to handle complex, diverse and multi layered relationships
- Have strong decision making and conflict management skills, taking full ownership for delivery with minimum direction needed
- Experience and knowledge of various types of regulatory reporting obligations globally
- An ability to analyse and understand complex regulatory requirements and work with key stakeholders to determine impacts to current and future processes
- A questioning mindset with an ability to work at differing levels of detail, both big picture concepts and complex detailed issues
- Experience of effectively leading teams through operational and technology change initiatives whilst maintaining operational service standards
- Calm and confident when dealing with complex operational issues ensuring satisfactory resolution of issues
- An effective approach to risk management with a focus on developing continuous enhanced control frameworks
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- Excellent relationship building skills with key stakeholders and business partners