Asia Head of Product & Distribution Compliance Monitoring
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
Asia Product & Distribution Compliance Monitoring is a regional function, forming part of Fidelity's Global Compliance Monitoring team, responsible for providing an independent and risk-based compliance monitoring and assurance for Fidelity's asset management business activities across Asia region. Fidelity International holds the integrity of its business dealings as one of the core values of the organisation and Compliance Monitoring function plays a key role in it.
The Asia Head of Product & Distribution Compliance Monitoring is responsible for leading the planning, delivery and execution of compliance monitoring and assurance program across the Asia region for Fidelity's asset management business activities in a globally consistent manner. This includes setting consistent frameworks and methodologies and developing a region wide monitoring plan with appropriate consideration to various local business / regulatory requirements and the delivery of high quality monitoring and assurance activities in an efficient, targeted and effective manner.
The ideal candidate will undertake these specific responsibilities:
Management and Leadership
- Leading Asia Product & Distribution Compliance Monitoring Team, which has presence in various locations across the region, and consciously creating a workplace culture that is in line with Fidelity's core values of innovation, integrity and excellence.
- Leading continuous development and ongoing management of compliance monitoring framework to ensure delivery of high quality monitoring and assurance across various products, business lines and distribution channels for Fidelity in Asia in an efficient, effective and globally consistent manner.
- Take lead in creating and ongoing maintenance of 'regulatory footprint' and a consistent regulatory risk assessment methodology for Fidelity's various legal entities and business activities across the region. This includes working closely with other Regional Compliance Monitoring Heads to create a Globally aligned regulatory footprint and risk assessment framework.
- Leading the development and delivery of a globally consistent risk-based compliance monitoring plan across the region, in close collaboration with other regional Compliance Monitoring teams, Compliance Advisory teams, Risk Management and Internal Audit.
- Working closely with various Country Compliance Heads to ensure that the monitoring plans factor in local business and regulatory requirements to the extent required. You are also responsible to understand emerging regulatory issues and hot topics and ensuring these are incorporated into the monitoring plan as and when required.
- Ensuring that where issues are identified, appropriate mitigating actions are recommended to the business and tracked through to completion, with an aim to have an outcome of zero overdue actions.
- Liaising with the Compliance Advisory teams to ensure emerging themes and monitoring review findings are incorporated into the compliance advice provided to the business.
- Identification, assessment and delivery of alternative resourcing and / or technology options with an aim to enhance the overall effectiveness of the Global Monitoring Team.
- Ensuring the Monitoring function has appropriate policies, procedures and resources to deliver high quality monitoring activities. This includes working with other Regional Heads of Compliance Monitoring to ensure that resourcing plans are 'joined up' and agreed.
- Oversee and contribute to the production of relevant management information in relation to the team's monitoring activities. This includes working with other Regional Heads of Compliance Monitoring to understand how the delivery of reporting and MI can be achieved in a more efficient and consistent manner.
- Presenting regular reporting to the Global Head of Monitoring and various internal governance groups, boards and senior management where required. This includes presenting the Asia monitoring plan (including ongoing progress) to relevant Boards and governance committees.
Internal & External Relationships
- Develop positive and professional working relationships across the broader General Counsel function and with senior managers throughout Fidelity International.
- Maintain regular contact with industry experts to ensure Fidelity International sustains best practice with regards to the delivery of monitoring activities.
- Participate in and work with relevant industry bodies and groups in relation to monitoring and assurance initiatives, trends and proposals.
- Retain, motivate and develop talent within the team to enable them to deliver on their responsibilities and create an environment in which people can do their best work
- Develop successors for all key roles and ensure career plans are in place for team members
- Define the role and objectives of direct reports and monitor performance and undertake performance management reviews for direct reports.
- Ensure that your team receive appropriate internal and / or external training on emerging monitoring and surveillance techniques
- As a senior member within the Global Compliance Monitoring team, operate as a role model and leader and actively support fostering a cohesive, creative, and efficient working environment within the team.
- Emphasize quality, continuous improvement and high performance within the team