The role’s key responsibility is to oversee the entire Equities technology delivery and client experience.
The ideal candidate would have seasoned development management experience, program management, deep knowledge of Asia equity markets, and keen technical know-how to guide developers, PMs, BAs, architects, QA, support, and infrastructure engineers.
- Partner with end clients and front-office professionals to service their needs and formulate permanent solutions to address long-term requirements.
- Provide broad oversight for cross-functional projects to achieve strategic business goals.
- Collaborate closely with multiple technologies and business teams (sales & trading, ops, compliance, risk).
- Execute large-scale, distributed projects involving a wide array of business stakeholders.
- Help propose future product roadmap and technical architecture.
- Build partnerships with senior stakeholders in the business and IT management.
- Ensure branches are informed and engaged with strategic projects.
- Ensure quality deliveries by closely monitoring every stage of the software lifecycle – specification, design, build, testing, and release. Provide careful oversight of QA to achieve thorough and efficient testing.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience (10+ years) delivering trading systems projects, including client connectivity, onboarding, order management, market connectivity, algorithmic trading, dark pools, and risk management.
- Working experience with the entire trade cycle of various equities businesses: high-touch, program trading, electronic trading, block trading, client facilitation, proprietary trading, and error trade management.
- Working experience with Equities buy-side client engagement and FIX onboarding
- Deep understanding of technical architecture – particularly latency-sensitive, high-frequency, high-volume execution systems.
- Seasoned professional within Asia equities, with an understanding of the markets and regulatory environments.
- Excellent communicator, team player; Able to contribute to and command presence in large meetings.
- Build relationships at senior levels.
- Track record in development and driving change projects.
- Training in Computer Science and/or Engineering.
- Spoken and written Cantonese or Mandarin preferred but not required.
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Matthew Chung at firstname.lastname@example.org and put Asia Head of Equities Trading System Development (Executive Director) in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 65791)
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) Security Incident Response Specialist, Tech Risk - Elite Global Investment Bank - HK or SG
2) Market Data Engineer - Leading Trading Firm - Hong Kong
3) Equity Derivatives Product Manager - Leading Hedge Fund - Hong Kong