Archives Manager - Global Communications
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 04 Oct 17 2017-10-04
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Communications, designs and implements communications strategies which support HSBC’s business objectives, in line with our values, and enhance and protect our reputation among key stakeholders.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Archives Manager.
In this role, you will
- Provides strategic and hands on management for the Hong Kong archive collection including cataloguing of new archives, managing and implementing large scale complex projects to tackle data quality, digitization and preservation issues affecting the Hong Kong collection.
- Provides significant input on strategic collection development in Asia, with particular responsibility for the selection, transfer and custody of historical records from the business in Hong Kong.
- Supervises and coaches team members in collecting, cataloguing, conservation programmes.
- Provides an enquiry and research service regarding HSBC's history.
- Supports tours, presentations, events and other programmes at the Hong Kong Archive Centre to drive engagement with clients, employees, shareholders, dignitaries, regulators and other stakeholders.
- Takes an active role in projects to communicate HSBC's history, including exhibitions, history books, digital curation, educational projects, museum partnerships.
- Actively contributes to the development of policies, procedures and systems across the Global Archives function, for example close integration with Records Management, participation in the Digital Archives programme.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Postgraduate qualification in Archives Management or related discipline.
- Proven track record in managing and implementing archive strategies.
- Excellent communication and people management skills, with the ability to influence at all levels in the organisation.
- Strategic and project management skills.
- Research and storytelling skills with some experience of interpreting and curating history topics.
- Expert knowledge of archives trends and professional best practice.
- Ideally has knowledge of the financial service industry and global marketplace.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Cantonese is essential.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009UPF
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited