- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
Applications Support Senior Manager
Applications Support Senior Manager
- Primary Location: Hong Kong SAR of PRC,Hong Kong,Hong Kong
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18054814
Apps Support Senior Manager
- Are you a leader of people?
- Are you someone who pays attention to detail, stays focused and ensures nothing falls through the cracks under your supervision?
- Do you enjoy mentoring people and developing them to be their best?
- Great news, we might have an exciting career opportunity for you!
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi is an equal opportunity employer.
- Citi technology are seeking a highly motivated front office IT professional to lead our Production Services team support group in Hong Kong.
- The Prime Finance team is responsible for the production environment for a wide range of applications ranging from Pricing, Margin management, Sales tools, to Risk and PNL consolidation, providing application support to our Prime Finance Businesses
- We are searching for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who will lead the HK front line support functions for our Prime Finance Businesses - Prime Brokerage, Stock Lending and Agency Lending. We work in partnership with the business running the application production platform, providing quick resolutions to their issues, drive stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and the business succeed
- The role will entail people management, working closely with senior business partners, developing application knowledge, driving and tracking projects around stability and service improvement, incident resolution and follow-up activities and providing strategic technical solutions
- You will be working closely with your counterparts in India, UK, US and Canada operating in a follow-the-sun global model, along with application developers and business analysts in the team
- Ability to handle incidents, problems and change at a global enterprise level. Calm and analytical when faced with major incidents on critical systems
- Champion stability initiatives to enable application high availability for Business-As-Usual which includes better monitoring, failover and resiliency
- Performs controlled resolution of incidents and problems including prioritization and escalation to relevant groups when appropriate, root cause analysis of all problems with follow-through to resolution
- Communicate effectively with operations and technology partners on a regional or global basis
- Working closely as a trusted partner for senior business heads
- Focus on people development and deputize for the regional Prime support manager
- You will gain significant experience of the advanced technologies used to run our business regionally and globally, giving you the vast exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems
- You will gain people management experience, working closely with your team on their career development
- Work-Life Balance - At Citi, we offer flexible work plans which give employees and managers the chance to meet personal and business needs allowing for alternative schedules to customary business hours
- Experience with people management.
- Experience with application support would be an added advantage, but not essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, great teammate.
- UNIX (AIX/ Linux) environment
- Databases - Oracle, Microsoft SQL
- Knowledge on Geneos ITRS monitoring would be an added advantage
- Bachelor's Degree
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience