Anti-Financial Crime - Anti-Money Laundering Officer - Vice President
Position Overview Details of the Division and Team:
Deutsche Bank (DB) is committed to the highest standards of Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) and Anti-Fraud & Investigations (AF&I) and wider Financial Crime (collectively referred to as Anti Financial Crime) prevention. The Management and all employees are required to adhere to these standards to prevent DB and our reputation from those who may intend to use our products and services for money laundering, bribery, corruption, fraud and/or Terrorist Financing (TF) purposes.
DB Group will examine its Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) strategies, goals and objectives on an ongoing basis and maintain an effective program for DB's business that reflects the best practices for a diversified, global financial services provider. The AML team sits within the AFC function.
Our AFC team is responsible for protecting Deutsche Bank from financial and reputational losses incurred by financial crimes by assessing, controlling and mitigating risks. Risk types related to Anti-Financial Crime are consolidated in a comprehensive and effective risk management framework that covers Anti-Money-Laundering, Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Bribery & Corruption as well as Anti-Fraud & Investigations. What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and well-being at its center. You can expect:
Your key responsibilities:
- Competitive Salary and non-contributory pension
- 20 days annual leave plus generous number of public holidays
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including retail discounts, gym benefits, well-being incentives
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR program plus take volunteering leave days
Your skills and experience:
- The AMLO has unrestricted access to all information, data, records and systems in the Bank he/she deems necessary to fulfil its function. Having a reporting line up to the MLRO. Ensuring appropriate reporting and escalation of issues and/or incidents to the MLRO and / or Local Head of AFC.
- Advising on and ensuring the implementation of applicable Group AML / CTF Policies and local regulatory requirement to CIB/GM Business; participating in the assessment of the conformity of relevant internal policies and procedures, systems and controls with relevant local regulatory obligations and DB Group standards, in order to ensure local AML regulatory requirements are reflected in the local KOPs.
- Monitoring local regulatory AML, CTF and sanctions developments and notifying relevant changes and specifications to the MLRO and/or Local /Regional Head of AFC. Assisting the MLRO to maintain procedures and systems, and to prepare appropriate MIS to ensure that Unusual and/or Potentially Suspicious Transactions are reported, in compliance with applicable rules. Discharging the responsibilities of local AML officers as set out under global KYC policies for the division that the AMLO is responsible for; Delivering local AML training when specific needs are identified in order to maintain staff awareness culture; Ensuring that local record keeping processes are in alignment with the AML related legislative, regulatory and internal requirements; Ensuring on annual basis that Employee Reliability Requirements are met if there is any local deviation.
- Performing AML related testing as prescribed in the Global Assurance Policy Framework; Investigating Unusual and/or Potentially Suspicious and ensuring timely escalation to the MLROs of unusual and/or suspicious transactions or activities for reporting to the competent authorities in compliance with applicable rules; Conducting the local AML Risk Assessment in the country. Contributing to DB AML Function as a whole by sharing knowledge and best practices with AFC/AML Officers of the other Businesses and entities by involving in regional calls or other forum.
- Handling transaction monitoring escalations from Business and Operations; Providing regulatory guidance and advice on new or existing clients that are escalated, or decide to escalate further. Having oversight on the tracking and following-up on the conditions that have been imposed as part of the KYC approval. Obtaining relevant MIS from the business or appropriate parties on status of regular reviews; Signing-off in the New Product Approval and Vendor Risk Management process where appropriate and relevant to AML; Coordinating responses and input for MI reports requested by Global AFC or the AFC reporting function.
How we'll support you:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in AML Advisory Compliance in Corporate and Investment Banking or Wealth Management
- Knowledgeable and experienced in governance and AML/CTF policies and procedures with knowledge on Fintech AML risk and advisory is a plus
- Knowledgeable in CIB and WM products and associated risk
- Able to communicate and present to senior management or business partners
- People management experience is preferred
About us and our teams:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do. Deutsche Bank & Diversity
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.