Analyst, Financial Institutions Group (Korea / Mongolia)
This position will report to the Associate Managing Director responsible for Moody's Financial Institutions ratings in Hong Kong. The Analyst will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of high-profile Korean and Mongolian financial institutions, including banks, securities, and finance companies.
- Managing all aspects of the ratings process from timely ratings actions to producing high-quality insightful and impactful research.
- Communicating views to internal and external stakeholders.
- Engaging with issuers, intermediaries and investors (e.g. conference participation, investors' outreach) to increase Moody's market relevance.
The successful candidate must be ambitious, a team player and a critical thinker with superior presentation skills, both verbal and written. Ratings quality
: work with the analysts in Moody's global financial institutions teams to foster critical thinking, healthy skepticism, and a more proactive approach to managing the credit portfolio and updating processes that strengthen Moody's ratings franchise and relevance. Communication Skills
: must be able to articulate, persuasive, timely, insightful and relevant commentary to both internal and external stakeholders regarding credit issues. Qualifications
- Experience in an analytical, research or risk management function preferred.
- Experience in financial markets preferred, but will consider candidates with an analytical background from other industries.
- Good understanding of Korean financial institutions and their regulatory environment
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly including the ability to articulate complex analytical and strategic issues and influence audiences of different skill and knowledge levels
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Superior writing skills either for an internal or external audience
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Proficiency in English and Korean required
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.