Analyst, FCR MI and Tax Reporting - HSBC Insurance
Join our fast-growing Asia Wealth Management teams
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers. As a leader in new life insurance business the business serves this diverse client portfolio through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Analyst, FCR MI and Tax Reporting
. Principal responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders across Insurance, Lines of Business and Functions at global, regional and country levels to translate Group Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance strategy into effective global execution and implementation plans, assessing cross Group and local impacts as appropriate.
- Ensure effective governance structures are in place to enable oversight, control and monitoring of strategy execution and implementation plans.
- Driving coordination of the Client Tax Reporting Regulatory Compliance work, while ensuring alignment with Global policies and procedures.
- Report Insurance updates and escalate issues with significant materiality at various Global and Regional Client Tax Reporting forums.
- Monitor financial crime and regulatory risk controls within the Insurance business, identify and report breaches which will need to be addressed.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of key systems and controls which mitigate the most material AML, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption risks on an ongoing basis.
- Support Insurance markets to identify trends in volumes and backlogs to allow for appropriate oversight of outsourced controls to LoB and FCC operations.
- Provide oversight and ongoing management of FCR controls in countries to identify volumes, trends, backlogs and to enable LoBs and Insurance MI teams to share best practice.
- Maintain the Insurance FCR dashboard and track variations in the Critical Data Elements that impact Insurance. Work with HOST, LoBs and Insurance sites to produce the Insurance FCR dashboard, track movement in Data Quality and highlight areas of concern.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University Degree Holder in Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration, Technology or related field
- Certifications and relevant experience in Financial Crime Risk Management, preferred but not essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently across cultures and at all levels of the organisation
- Significant Financial Crime and or Regulatory Compliance experience within Banking or Insurance settings
- Proven ability to analyse situations and solve operational problems
- Experience of working in a complex financial services organisation.
- Demonstrable strong insurance business knowledge
- Able to plan, track and control operational activities
- Knowledge of the external environment, regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Drive and motivation to ensure delivery in a challenging environment
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Track record of positive interactions with Senior Executives across the business
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely in the language of the business
- Relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.