Analyst Developer – Investment Technology
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
Company Overview At Schroders, asset management is our only business and our goals are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value to assist them in meeting their future financial requirements. We manage approx. £420 billion on behalf of institutional
At Schroders, asset management is our only business and our goals are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value to assist them in meeting their future financial requirements. We manage approx. £420 billion on behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions an d high net worth clients from around the world, invested in a broad range of active strategies across equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and real estate. We employ over 4,000 talented people worldwide operating from 38 offices in 28 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients. Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to in vesting, building client relationships and growing our business.
Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders’ global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The software engineering and technology change function is split between 4 domains: Investment, Portfolio Operations and Data; Distribution and Product; Corporate and; Digital. In addition there are teams which operate as shared services to provide Technology Infrastructure, Production Services (production support, release and access control), Quality Assurance, Information Security and Business Management (change management, assurance and reporting). Within APAC IT – Investment IT Delivery is responsible for supporting the Investment Systems and new initiatives for Schroders in both the Project and BAU functions. The team comprises of developers, business analysts & scrum master. The geographical coverage of this team is Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia, Japan, Korea and Indonesia, with a very close alignment with UK.
Overview of role
Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off the shelf software packages best suited to Schroders’ operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems to support the specific needs of the clients and products that our colleagues support.
The Global Technology vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds, that focuses on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Global Technology will enable Schroders to deliver the best outcomes for clients and shareholders. In order to ensure that the emergent technology needs of our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders are able to be met quickly and effectively Schroders is undertaking the Leading Enterprise Agile Programme (LEAP) within Global Technology. In order to ensure this is achieved without compromising the stability and security of the platform, Schroders Global Technology is implementing a bespoke agile operating model, based on the SAFe methodology, which ensures that technology support and infrastructure is unaffected and the requisite governance and control is in place.
Analyst Developers are core members of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single Capability aligned agile team and, while the Analyst Developer’s core contribution will be leading the analysis and design aspects of software development, they also contribute to development and testing activities. They are also responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their agile team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
We need an experienced Developer to be able to represent Investment IT and support senior Investment stakeholders in Hong Kong: FM/FMA, Unit Trust, Compliance; Expand remit into Taiwan and China as per business needs
- Carry out Aladdin Decom and Realignment work, upcoming testing leading up to Aladdin APAC go-live.
- Responsible to support the business with new product onboarding, processes
- Support Capability (Product) Owners and Epic Owners/ Analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Capability team are suitably well defined and structured
- Responsible for leading analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability (Product) Owner
- Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system’ definition of done within agreed sprint
- Accountable for ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met
- Responsible contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
- Work with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
- Ensure continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Commit to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Dev, Test)
- Support other team members to improve their analysis skills where it is their non-core specialism
Perform the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following requisites:
- Degree graduate preferably in computer science or similar
- Minimally around 7+ years of experience in application development or application design experience.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Object Oriented Programming with particular expertise in .NET, C#, IIS, SQL Development.
Show autonomy in organizing work, conducting analysis and proposing solutions
Able to solve complex problems with excellent analytical skills and communication skills
Broad systems architecture design, planning and implementation experience
Experience with end to end delivery of IT investment (front office) systems and hands on experience with Aladdin implementation
Experience in developing and
maintaining Web services, DevOps, Continuous Integration and automated testing.
Experience working with SQL Server 2012 and knowledge of data warehousing best practices.
Experience with Enterprise Architecture tools and methodologies
Experience with modelling skills, including business, process, requirements, applications, software, data, and technology.
Experience in dealing with large volumes of data sources from internal or external sources (desirable)
Experience of developing NServiceBus and AngularJS (desirable)
Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC/CFA) and familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies (eg SAFe) is highly preferred.
Excellent technical documentation skills with oral and written communication skills
Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
Collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement