• Provide complete and clear definitions of business and functional requirements in order to create software that provides practical solutions for clients.
• Produce functional specifications, together with providing supporting consultation to developers and testers, in order to address the business needs of clients and end users.
• Consider alternative approaches for delivering assigned tasks and select the best option given the constraints imposed.
• Review new functionality at appropriate stages of development and adapt solutions to accommodate feedback from end users, always ensuring that the business requirements have been met.
• Answer and investigate queries on existing business functionality for both clients and colleagues.
• Consult with key contacts in external organisations (for example, Prime Brokers, Fund Administrators, Linedata clients) to validate existing or proposed new functionality, to showcase new developments, obtain detailed knowledge requirements, etc.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement programme by seeking to achieve best practice in every activity
• Create and implement a personal development programme embracing business, technical and personal skills and knowledge
• Act as an Agile Product Owner for primary products by managing and prioritising the product backlog. Act as a Scrum Master where required.
• Demonstrate new functionality to colleagues and clients.
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Proven business analysis skills and experience in a similar role is required including managing client expectations, identifying and analysing client needs, producing specifications, giving direction, setting criteria, measurements and key success factors.
• Good knowledge and understanding of the financial services sector is required, including understanding the operational workings of the Asset Management sector, e.g. Transfer Agency, Investment Accounting, Fund Management or Hedge Funds
• Numerate and analytical with proven ability in developing solutions to complex problems, whilst being able to focus on functionality improvements, etc. to meet client needs.
• Demonstrable influencing, negotiation and presentation skills with a process oriented and analytical mindset including experience of working with external clients.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate at all levels within the business and cross culturally.
• Excellent English, both oral and written communication skills are essential.
• Able to demonstrate ability to quickly gain the respect of clients and colleagues and the presence and poise to overcome obstacles and make things happen.
• Motivated and enthusiastic self-starter with a pro-active approach and professional presentation.
• Degree calibre.
• Able to travel as required.
• IT or financial economics background.
• Good understanding of the business application of Linedata products including functionality and architecture across the product range.
• A recognised professional project management qualification would be a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of development processes, methods and tools would be desirable.