Analyst/Associate- APAC Corporate Strategy
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Corporate Title APAC Corporate Strategy, Analyst/ Associate
Location Hong Kong
BlackRock Company Description:
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide. At December 31, 2017, BlackRock’s AUM was $6.288 trillion. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Headquartered in New York City, as of January, 2018, the firm had approximately 15,793 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa.
For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com
BlackRock was founded to provide answers and leadership to the investors who entrust their money and their futures to us. As the world’s largest investment manager, BlackRock takes its responsibility to build better financial futures extremely seriously. That’s why we bring together the best and brightest people – and give you the skills and support you need to make a career for yourself and a difference in today’s New World of Investing™.
BlackRock provides a range of solutions from rigorous asset management aimed at maximizing returns, to highly efficient investment strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets, to alternative investment strategies such as hedge funds, private equity and real estate. Our clients access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
BlackRock’s Corporate Strategy and Development Group is responsible for supporting the firm in positioning BlackRock to generate robust, long-term growth and shareholder value creation through formulating and executing enterprise-level vision and strategy, facilitating business level strategies and driving large multi-functional assignments and initiatives for the firm. The team is also responsible for sourcing, assessing and executing acquisitions, investments, divestitures and partnerships / alliances based on BlackRock's strategic priorities.
We’re looking for people who are natural-born problem solvers, innovators and leaders – the sort of people who can help us deliver strong investment performance, develop industry-leading technology, and build strong client relationships. The individual will play a key role in driving the analytics needed to formulate and execute overall business strategy activities for BlackRock Asia Pacific. Reporting to the Regional Corporate Strategy office, and working closely with the regional leadership team and other local managers to provide ongoing leadership and support for strategy projects and initiatives across the region.
As a Strategy Associate, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with senior management and business units to determine strategic objectives and how to best execute upon them (considering both organic and inorganic opportunities)
- Supporting specific strategic initiatives and projects that promote the implementation of our long-term strategy
- Working across the Global Strategy and Finance teams to provide periodic updates on business / regional performance and strategy
- Supporting senior management in the preparation of strategy offsites and leadership conferences
- Evaluating business opportunities globally, including acquisitions, partnerships and JVs
- Drive the analytics for APAC region, country and business specific strategy projects
- Structure and lead quantitative analyses and financial modeling
- Conduct interviews with senior business heads and perform qualitative analyses
- Assist in synthesizing and presenting recommendations to drive decision making process
- Coordinate efforts among various BlackRock teams to ensure efficient execution of projects
- Participate in implementation of initiatives and changes where appropriate
- Provide ongoing analytics, communications and project management support for Regional Corporate Strategy office
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in the Asia Pacific region
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with strong record of academic achievement
- 2 – 5 years of experience in asset management, investing/private equity, consulting or investment banking
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking aptitude
- Ability to deliver in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, both written and oral, to internal and external audiences across levels of seniority
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization and build strong relationships with team members, managers, and senior executives in multiple locations
- Proficiency in financial modeling, Excel and PowerPoint and/or demonstrated willingness to improve these skills
- Innovative, open-minded and eager to learn, adapt and change
- Fluent in English, proficient in Mandarin and/or with other regional languages an advantage (Korean, Japanese)
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.