Analyst/Associate-Risk and Quantitative Analysis-Investments
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) team is responsible for the investment, counterparty and operational risk at BlackRock. Global portfolio risk management takes place across all of BlackRock’s client portfolios (~$6.3 trillion in assets under management). In this capacity, RQA assists the global investment teams (across Beta, Fixed Income, Equity, Multi Asset and Alternative assets) in constructing portfolios that are consistent with specified risk and performance objectives. RQA works closely with portfolio managers and business heads on a daily basis. The team also provides independent risk oversight for senior management of the firm and the board of directors.
We are seeking individuals who combine strong analytical capabilities and communications skills and can solve challenging problems and then employ superior influencing skills to make an impact. People who successfully demonstrate these skills can ultimately go on to a wide range of professional opportunities within RQA and BlackRock.
As an Analyst / Associate on the team, your responsibilities may include:
- Work with the team head to optimize processes through the smart use of technology.
- Leverage the massive amount of data available at BlackRock to develop insightful analytics focused primarily on the Asia Pacific Beta & Multi-Asset portfolios.
- Use strong programming skills to automate analytics generation.
- Prepare materials for and participate in meetings between RQA and portfolio managers to discuss risk and performance of client portfolios.
- Work with other RQA team members to conduct quantitative research on global investment markets and impact on client portfolios.
- Develop proprietary techniques for risk and performance measurement and collaborate with portfolio managers and technology to implement them.
- Help portfolio managers by assisting with quantitative techniques for portfolio construction and alpha generation.
- Assist in creating investment risk analyses and reports for portfolio managers and senior management of RQA.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in an analytical, financial and/or technical major (e.g. economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of some programming languages (such as C, C++, Python) or statistical tools (such as Excel VBA, S-Plus, R, SAS or Matlab), and/or familiarity with SQL.
- Industry experience in risk management, analytics or portfolio management.
- Solid communication and presentation skills (verbal and written). The candidate must demonstrate the ability to explain analytical or quantitative concepts in practical and simple terms.
- Strong drive to network with other internal stakeholders inside BlackRock, across teams and geographies.
- Attention to detail, a strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Robust quantitative skills along with demonstrated analytical ability.
- Strong interest in financial markets.
- Strong ethical compass, demonstrable integrity and a commitment to doing the right thing.
- English fluency required. Additional Asia Pacific languages are a plus.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.