* Reputable Chinese Affiliated Financial Institution * Newly Created Role * Sits Under Business
Our client, a reputable Chinese Affiliated Financial Institution, is looking to hire an Analyst- Client Onboarding. This role sits under business and provide support with client onboarding and AML checks for investment banking and capital market business.
- Managing the workflow process for client account opening form initial client contact to when the account starts transacting.
- Collecting all relevant information, constitutional documents and managing the account opening process for new clients, via liaison with external client, front office/ business, FATCA team, Operations and Compliance teams.
- Performing verification checks with external data sources and Screening tools to ensure that all documents submitted meet the defined Customer Identification Program. Drafting and obtaining approvals for Politically Exposed Persons and special cases deviating from the Group's AML and CFT Policy when necessary. Classifying new and/or existing clients from a risk and regulatory perspective.
- Maintaining a current database of all information, documents, financial reports, and news on our accounts for Compliance vetting, Legal and Internal Audit.
- Resolving any issues arising from the screening processes in a professional and efficient manner. Timely escalation of exceptions needs to be made to necessary parties as needed.
- University graduated in Finance, Business Administration or relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Client Onboarding from investment banking environment firms; experience in handling Corporate Finance/Investment Banking Department clients will be an absolute advantage
- Good understanding of constitutional documents and corporate structures
- Working knowledge of account-opening and related processes is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details, process-oriented
- Good prioritization, organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin is a must)