Alpha Portfolio Services, Senior Associate
Liaise with colleagues and divisions globally where required for query resolution Act as the point at which relevant client queries relating to the Enterprise applications, especially ESP and ensure client file deliveries are tracked, with pro active management to ensure timely response and resolution Perform an overview function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends, issues and areas for improvement. Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures. Handle and resolve issues involving all operational and various IT areas (e.g. Asset servicing, Trade Operations, Client Reporting) Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution. Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution. Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries. Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager Work Parameters or Boundaries (e.g. Internal Procedures):
Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards
Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate colleagues and Senior Management
Adhere to internal procedures and best practices at all times PERSON SPECIFICATION Specific Qualifications/Skills: Level of Education:
Degree in finance, business, technology or equivalent or relevant industry experience Previous Level of Experience:
Skills - interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc
- Extensive financial services experience, including investment operations; min 3 years experience in either an Investment Manager or Global Custodian
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
- Strong understanding of Operational Risk
- Experience dealing with multiple levels of management within an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with different teams
- Project Management skills and ability to implement new processes/procedures
- Knowledge of investment accounting and NAV calculation across various asset classes
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyze on the spot.
- Good team working skills.
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences of different sizes and levels of seniority.
- Must be self motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- PC literate - Strong Word and Excel skills necessary.
- Experience in writing SQL is advantageous.
- Experience with data warehouse and understanding of data flow and data delivery is preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Flexible working hours may be required and support may be needed on public holidays