Agile Analyst, Products / Fund Services
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd
- 16 Apr 19
As the Agile Analyst at Schroders, you will work within APAC Products / Fund Services IT team which is responsible for supporting the fund services initiatives for both Project and BAU functions. The team comprises of Scrum Master, Agile Analysts & Agile Developers. The geographical coverage of this team includes Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Indonesia, with a very close alignment with UK and LUX.
As a core member of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, you are responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single Capability aligned agile team and, while the Agile Analyst’s core contribution will be leading the analysis and design aspects of software development, you will also contribute to development and testing activities. you will manage your own work, estimate its complexity and size, determine technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contribute to the continuous improvement of their agile team. We rely heavily on collaboration and communication and place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
- Supports the definition of user stories by providing business & technical feedback to the product owner and team, whilst fostering a collaboration environment.
- Hands-on analysis, quality assurance support, documentation and maintenance of fund services system will be beneficial.
- Act as a bridge between the business stakeholders and the analyst developers to ensure correct implementation of requirements
- Provide business analysis to ensure effective delivery (as measured by time, cost and quality) of agreed projects and changes, covering activities
- Supporting the System Team in readiness for the System Demo
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
- Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills where it is their non-core specialism
- Promotes Agile and continuous delivery best practices
- Support Capability [Product] Owners and Epic Owners/ Analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Capability team are suitably well defined and structured
- Responsible for leading analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
- Responsible for contributing to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
- Responsible contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks
- Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
- Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Dev, Test)
- Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
General and Technical skills
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe
- 8 years+ knowledge and experience of using business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development (Asset Management or Fund Services experience preferred)
- Experienced in delivering data driven projects, for example Data Warehousing
- Experience of IT/business change projects as well as experience of managing small change initiatives
- Understands the software engineering life cycle for development and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office tools
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
- Excellent understanding of the business context of the Capabilities
- Excellent Written and spoken in both English and Chinese Qualification
- Educated to at least undergraduate degree level
- Qualification of Certified Business Analysis Professional would be advantageous.
- Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) and business analysis (such as ISEB) are preferred
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances