We are looking for a seasoned Business/ Agile Analyst who is well versed with business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts in supporting agile software development within Asset Management or Fund Services. You will manage your own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contribute to the continuous improvement of the agile team. Schroders rely heavily on collaboration, communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
This role will be based in Hong Kong
You will be part of the APAC AMT Fund Operations team who are responsible for supporting the fund services initiatives for both Project and BAU functions. The team comprise of Scrum Master, Agile Analysts & Agile Developers. The geographical coverage of this team includes Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Indonesia, with a very close alignment with UK and Luxembourg
As a core member of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, you will be responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. Each team member is aligned to a single Capability and, while the Agile Analyst’s core contribution will be leading the analysis and design aspects of software development, they also significantly contribute to development and testing activities.
What you’ll do
- Supports the definition of user stories by providing business & technical feedback to the product owner and team, whilst fostering a collaboration environment.
- Hands-on analysis, quality assurance support, documentation and maintenance of fund services system will be beneficial.
- Act as a bridge between the business stakeholders and the analyst developers to ensure correct implementation of requirements
- Provide business analysis to ensure effective delivery (as measured by time, cost and quality) of agreed projects and changes, covering activities
- Supporting the System Team in readiness for the System Demo
- Support Capability [Product] Owners and Epic Owners/ Analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Capability team are suitably well defined and structured
- Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe
- Experienced in delivering data driven projects, for example Data Warehousing
- Experience of IT/business change projects as well as experience of managing small change initiatives
- Understands the software engineering life cycle for development and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office tools
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
- Excellent understanding of the business context of the Capabilities
- Excellent Written and spoken in both English and Chinese Qualification
- Educated to at least undergraduate degree level
- Qualification of Certified Business Analysis Professional would be advantageous.
- Basic professional qualifications relating to the asset management industry (such as IMC) and business analysis (such as ISEB) are preferred
What you’ll be like
- Degree graduate with at least 6 - 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst / Agile Analyst.
- Experience working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
- Ability to handle various deliveries concurrently to meet deadlines and budgets.
- Enjoys solving problems, self-driven and has a continuous improvement mind-set