Agency Securities Lending Software Engineer, Associate
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
J.P. Morgan Securities Services is a premier securities servicing provider that helps institutional investors, alternative asset managers, broker dealers and equity issuers optimise efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue. Securities Services leverages the firm's global scale, leading technology and deep industry expertise to service investments around the world. The development team within Agency Securities Lending Technology is looking to hire a highly motivated, hands-on application developer to build out the Agency Securities Lending platform globally.
The successful candidate will play a key part in the development of critical new business features for Agency Securities Lending using cloud and microservice technologies, along with the firm's proprietary Athena technology stack.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of software development experience using Java tech stack, including but not limited to: Core Java, Spring or Spring Boot, Junit, Mockito
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Strong data driven development skills including data manipulation, extraction and analysis
- Expertise in statistical modelling and machine learning
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Ability to develop cloud native applications
- Excellent understanding of REST web services
- Experience of working on highly scalable & highly available systems
- Performance and monitoring tools