Advisory - Financial Crime Compliance / Regulatory Compliance, Financial Services Risk Management - Senior Associate / Manager
Across the banking and capital markets, insurance, asset management, energy and corporate treasury sectors, our clients require integrated risk management and regulatory advice. You’ll help them by providing strategy and implementation support. You’ll work in high-performing teams alongside risk management professionals, quantitative analysts, risk technology architects, control professionals and former regulators. Together, you’ll help clients better assess and improve their risk and regulatory frameworks.
Your career is yours to shape. But we’ll provide a structured framework that allows you to grow. And with a network stretching around the globe, you’ll gain valuable insight across industries and geographies. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We are currently looking for individuals with strong regulatory, AML, internal controls and risk management background to join the Financial Services Risk Management team in EY Responsibilities:
Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- As part of a team of professionals, provide advisory services to clients on the development and implementation of policies, systems and controls, and regulatory issues
- Provision of regulatory compliance, risk assessment, business process controls and operational projects, including the development of project plans and approach
- Design, enhancement, implementation and review of anti-money laundering detection and compliance programs
- The assessment of anti-money laundering (AML) risk at all levels of the client’s corporate structure
- Analyze client’s current business processes and understand their risk management environments
- Assist clients in understanding and meeting regulatory requirements, including responding to the findings of regulatory examinations
- Review policies and procedures against Hong Kong regulatory requirements and against the best international practices, identify opportunities for enhancement, assist clients in developing an implementation strategy and resolve implementation issues
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory developments both locally and internationally
- Develop business opportunities and potential openings with clients
- Experience in analyzing or advising on Hong Kong regulatory environments will be a definite advantage
- Ability to interact with executive levels of client and EY management
To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally, you’ll also have
- University degree majoring in accounting, information systems or business related subjects
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in Hong Kong banking or securities regulations
- At least five years’ experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a reputable international accounting/consulting organization or multinational financial services organization or regulatory agency
- Practical experience in regulatory advisory / internal controls / regulatory risk management
- Knowledge in analyzing regulations and proposed regulatory changes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills in English and Chinese (spoken and written)
What working at EY offers
- Effective time management and project management, interpersonal and influencing skills are essential
- Client-service oriented and accustomed to taking a proactive approach
- Relevant professional qualifications such as HKICPA, CFA, FRM is preferred
- Strong project management and coordination skills
About EY As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, knowledge and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.