Actuarial Manager, APAC
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- HFG , EA Licence No: 14C7034
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
A global primary insurer has strong plans to grow their APAC presence, and is currently seeking a driven and ambitious GI actuary to be part of their regional team. This is a hybrid scope of both Pricing and Reserving responsibilities, and the incumbent will report directly to the Regional Chief Actuary.
- Provide actuarial services to support operations in the Asia Pacific region. This includes reserving, reporting, portfolio management, pricing, renewals and technical analysis.
- Provide support to the business units in the business planning, in particular, leading forecast of the key assumptions, such as loss ratios, rate movement and retention ratios.
- Lead or co-lead reserving processes and pricing projects.
- Build and construct pricing models based on sound actuarial principles and fully aligned with APAC business objectives.
- Research, collate, obtain and analyse statistical data for decision making/specific processes.
- Produce ad hoc reporting in response to queries from Underwriters, Managers and Actuaries.
- Comply with documentation of key processes and polices to ensure all divisions adhere to relevant Actuarial standards and good practice.
- Proactive in mentoring regional junior staff members as well as assisting and coaching analytical staff within business units.
- Tertiary graduate with professional qualification in Actuarial or related disciplines.
- 6-8 years' relevant actuarial experiences, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Sound understanding in financial and actuarial principles to assess risks.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and research skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with a can-do attitude.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.