To support a full range of actuarial services, including statuary financial reporting and IFRS17.
- Calculate key actuarial metrics for financial reporting for the business such as HK statutory valuation/IFRS, CGAAP, EV, RBC and any other basis where necessary.
- Assist to prepare financial statements, ALM and other business analyses for the management of the in force portfolio and monitor performance and risk indicators and provide recommendations on any management actions to enhance the company performance.
- Assist to provide the key financial risk assessment within the business and supporting the work of the Risk Management Committee. For example, carry out stress and scenario testing as required under ORSA.
- Carry out experience studies for economic and non-economic assumptions and provide input and analysis for assumption setting process for EV, IFRS, Statutory Valuation, RBC etc.
- Develop and maintain actuarial models and ensuring the changes to models are appropriately documented, reviewed and signed-off.
- Assist in the annual audit work where necessary
- Support the Finance department with actuarial aspects where necessary
- Support and run ad-hoc projects where necessary, including End-To-End project
- Assist other areas of the company to provide analysis with actuarial skill, for example, as a member of analytical team to study customer behavior. Helping Marketing to perform competitor analysis on competitors’ finance.
Qualifications / Experience
- Completed Actuarial Associate examination is preferable. For the candidate who has achieved Associate examination, the title Senior Actuarial Analyst will be offered
- Committed to complete the actuarial examination
- 2-4 years of relevant actuarial experience is an advantage. Fresh graduate will also be considered as Actuarial Assistant.
- Good knowledge of products, markets, regulation and legislative requirements (knowledge of IFRS 17 and HK RBC beneficial) is preferable
- Power user of spreadsheets with VBA programming, good understanding of actuarial modelling and software (knowledge of Prophet preferred)
- Strong communication skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese (Fluency in Mandarin preferred)
- Strong presentation, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to process, analyse information and provide simple actuarial judgment and advice
Reports To Role