Accounting Projects & Systems Regulatory Business Analyst, Contract
- Competitive Salary
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Resource Solutions
- 16 Apr 19
Our client, a Tier 1 Corporate and Investment bank is looking for a Business Analyst to join its Accounting Projects & Systems team.
To ensure the stability of financial markets required for the real economy to grow, regulators are increasingly targeting at Banks to provide more comprehensive and more frequent information on their activities. As a privileged partner for the regulators, the Finance department sees its reporting process reinvented. The Accounting Projects & Systems (APS) team, located at the junction of Finance and IT, is responsible for designing and maintaining solutions.
The Regulatory Reporting team is expanding to about 20 members to address the ambitious project of standardizing the activity for APAC region. This long-term project involves the reporting of Balance Sheet, P&L, Capital and a more recent and intense focus on liquidity, especially Basel III LCR requirement.
Regional Regulatory Reporting Project:
- To drive the user requirement gathering process and the analysis accordingly.
- To identify the project priority/ constraint for the project plan.
- To keep the solution’s global functional design documentation and data dictionary up to date.
- To guide various project actors through the functional documentation and participate in the architecture decision.
- To streamline processes and challenge practices in front of entity CFOs.
- To contribute to a long term sustainable design.
- To perform/support system testing (e.g. SIT & UAT).
- To help Project Manager by providing expertise on the complexity of proposed design, estimation on workload/timelines for our team as well as other contributors, insight on issues faced and related remediation.
System Enhancement & Production Support:
- To provide support to resolve production incident raised by end user.
- To identify the root cause of the incident by applying sound error tracing techniques.
- To liaise with the related parties (e.g. IT, Operations, Front Office) to resolve the incident in a timely and permanent manner.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Degree in Accounting, Computing or any other related subjects. CPA, CFA or other related professional certificates a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Banking
- Understanding of banking operations, systems and front to back system framework.
- Experience working in project (as the lead user / project team).
- Knowledge of Accounting Systems (e.g. SAP), technical tools for functional investigation - (advanced excel / SQL query), other computer skills a plus.
- Analytical, lateral thinker and result-oriented person with good problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Fluency in English (verbal/written) and able to make an argument / stand one’s ground.
- Available for occasional business travel
About Our Client
Our client is a prestigious international bank with a long history of providing corporate banking solutions
to businesses and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals. We look for talented,
tenacious individuals who are hungry to progress and eager to grow their knowledge.
Values and Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at our client the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. They are an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of our client to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.