Accounting Policy Manager | Big 4 Welcome
- $50,000 - $60,000
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 16S8091
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
This is an accounting policy role in the insurance industry. for one of the largest financial group. The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge of IFRS. Candidates without prior insurance experience will also be considered. Candidates from Big 4 will also be considered.
- Support the analysis, interpretation and understanding of the requirements of existing and new accounting standards and the impact of the same on the business.
- Support in drafting technical papers on the key elements of the accounting requirements for new initiatives undertaken by the business such as new products launched, new investment classes undertaken, hedge accounting for financial instruments.
- Form part of the Accounting Policy specialists in the Finance Reporting team to provide technical accounting expertise across all areas including financial instruments and insurance contracts under existing IFRS 4, and forthcoming requirements under IFRS 17. This would include analysis and interpretation of the requirements of the standards to support the key decisions to be made by Group Insurance in the finance reporting process.
- Evaluate the impact of changes in accounting standards on the existing operational accounting and reporting processes.
- Respond to technical developments, assist in the formulation of accounting policies and the drafting of internal implementation guidance.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training on accounting policies and their application.
- Ensure adherence of local sites to group accounting standards.
- Post qualified accountant, such as HKICPA, or overseas equivalent like ICAEW.
- Experience in IFRS technical accounting skills from industry or professional practice, including experience of drafting technical accounting papers and challenging current practice in order to drive improvement.
- Preparation or audit of financial statements under IFRS with either an audit practice, preferably from Big Four audit firm or another insurer.
- Strong language and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of planning and problem solving, ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities and develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.