Accountant, Finance (6-months contract, full time / part time are welcome)
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 504,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
- Act as an individual contributor in the reconciliation team in Finance department
- Support the team with various tasks as below:
- a. Prepare bank and account reconciliations of Life Insurance, General Insurance and other business lines timely and accurately
- b. Prepare reconciliations between various policy systems and ledger
- c. Liaise with stakeholders within Finance and other departments on exceptions or variance of the reconciliation
- d. Identify internal control loopholes from the reconciliation perspectives
- e. Carry out maintenance of the account codes and analysis codes and exchange rates in Sun5 accounting system
- f. Provide assistance to ad-hoc tasks/projects when required
- Degree holder in Accounting or related discipline
- Knowledge of insurance business is definitely a plus but not essential
- Detail-minded person and be able to work under pressure with problem solving skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications including Excel
- Good command of spoken & written English & Chinese
- Both full time and part time candidates are welcome
- Full time: prefer candidate with 3-4 years related experience
- Part time: prefer candidate who are available to work at least 4 full days per week, Student Intern will also be considered
- Please state the availability in the CV
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.