My client is a Family Office in Hong Kong which focuses on Private and Public Equity Investments in Asia. They are looking to expand their accounting team.
- Degree or above with major in Accounting, Finance or related disciplines
- Professional qualification such as HKICPA, AICPA, ACCA or CPA Australia
- Minimum 3 years experience in Accounting
- Be able to communicate and explain complex ideas and thoughts to management
- Have some degree of experience in hedge fund/fund accounting (equities, FX)
- Very strong excel, numbers and calculations skills and critical thinking
- Overseas study/experience is favorable
- Handle full set of accounts including accounts receivable, accounts payable and month-end closing, etc.
- Responsible for daily accounting operations, including preparation of invoices, vouchers, monthly reports and cash management and bank reconciliations
- Assist in budget, interim and annual report preparation
- Participate in formulation and execution of accounting guidelines, policies and procedures
- Liaise with auditors and tax authorities on audit and tax issues
- Prepare timely and accurate Net Assets Values, yields, distributions, and other fund accounting output for subsequent review.
- Reconcile various accounts, or reviewing reconciliations prepared by others, and promptly researching and correcting any variances.
- Write reports periodically to management on Fund activities and other related issues.
- Research, as assigned, certain securities in Fund portfolios for the purpose of ensuring proper accounting treatment (such as the nature of distributions, original issue discounts, and international valuations) and compliance with SEC, tax, and prospectus restrictions and limitations.