Account Manager Institutional Trust
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur. What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater. What you will do
You will be responsible for our institutional clients satisfaction, through identifying ways to exceed client expectations in their day to day servicing. You will co-ordinate the account administration for clients including but not limited to record keeping, responding to client inquiries, coordinating with internal partners across various locations and different time zones to resolve client queries. This will involve ensuring timely and accurate client invoicing and overseeing transaction processing.
You will support and assists Relationship Managers in improving client profitability, developing additional business, preparing relationship plans, conducting service reviews, making client presentations, and coordinating amongst our servicing teams.
- Coordinates the account administration for institutional custody clients
- Receives service requests from clients and partners; executes daily client activity, oversees transaction processing, handles inquiry resolution, obtains appropriate documentation, and ensures systems information is up-to-date
- Oversees development of appropriate action plans for client activities and ensures execution and follow-up
- Coordinates with servicing team on execution of client activity, communicating with client and vendors as appropriate
- Facilitates new client onboarding by performing system demos and training in conjunction with Relationship Managers
- Documents services provided, specialized procedures, and ongoing written communications with client as appropriate in managing daily activity
- Develops clear understanding of clients' need behind service requests and communicates to service partners. Obtains appropriate information from partners and client to facilitate service changes or transactions
- Assists client service and relationship managers with specific projects as needed
- Identifies service efficiency enhancements, process improvements, and service delivery using creative and proactive measures
- Monitors custody operations and accounting activities to ensure that all necessary reports, documents, tickets, etc. are processed to facilitate client services
- Ensures accurate new account set up for Asset Owners
As of June 30 2019, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- Knowledge of global custody operations and accounting systems usually acquired through related experience is needed to administer custody accounts
- General business knowledge is required to oversee client transactions
- Analytical skills, required to identify and resolve account issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with clients
- Strong communication both written and verbal
- Related qualifications
- 3-5 years experience in financial accounting/business fields, with client servicing background
- $11.3 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.5 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $127 billion in banking assets
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades!