Account Manager, Client Services - Asset Management
Who we are
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. What we do
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur. What you will do
Responsible for the client services and coordinating the account administration for asset management clients in Asia. Client service duties including responds to client inquiries, produces report, oversees transaction processing and maintaining account records.
Assists relationship managers and sales manager in developing business, making client presentations, and coordinating servicing team. We are expecting the role would mainly cover the client servicing and business development in Asia ex Japan for Northern Trust Asset Management.
1. Client servicing for asset management clients (for both Institutional and Intermediary client relationships)
2. Receives service requests from clients and partners; executes daily client activity, oversees transaction processing, handles inquiry resolution, obtains appropriate documentation, and ensures systems information is up-to-date.
3. Coordinates with investment, operation, legal, compliance and risk on execution of client activity, communicating with client and vendors as appropriate.
4. Assists relationship managers and sales manager in developing additional business, making client presentations, and coordinating servicing team. Prepare market research about the investment requirements of the clients and prospects.
5. Documents services provided, specialized procedures, and ongoing written communications with client as appropriate in managing daily activity.
6. Develops clear understanding of clients' need behind service requests and communicates to service partners. Obtains appropriate information from partners and client to facilitate service changes or transactions.
7. Monitors operations and accounting activities to ensure that all necessary reports, documents, client instruction, billing, etc. are processed to facilitate client services.
8. Communicates with clients regularly to inform them of account set-up or status, document requests, or other information.
9. Performs KYC/ AML/ Due Diligence during the onboarding client process and record maintenance. Your Qualifications/Skills
- A university degree and a minimum of 2 years of relevant proven work experience in client servicing and sales support role in a financial institution or investment company is required.
- Knowledge of client servicing in asset management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) and English
- Knowledge in market landscape, client investment requirement of asset management in Asia. Awareness of investment capabilities across equity, fixed income and alternative asset classes.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Advanced degree and/or related industry qualification (e.g. CFA, CAIA, CIMA, FRM, MBA) is good to have
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com