Account Closure and Audit Confirmation Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- To assist Team Manager to oversee the Account Closure and Audit Confirmation processes
- To manage team capacity and prioritization over tasks to meet with Service Level Agreement (SLA) and client expectation
- To oversee the operations and performance in processing hub to ensure tasks are completed duly and meet with quality standard
- To review and approve account closure and payment instructions to operations team
- To handle internal and external customer inquiries/ complaints confidently and reliably
- To prepare and consolidate regular and ad-hoc MIS report to Management and keep track the outstanding work tasks on inventory
- To handle ad hoc request and investigation
- To comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager
- To ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.