* European Corporate & Investment Bank * Regional Exposure * Competitive Remuneration
Our client, a European Corporate & Investment Bank, is currently seeking a high caliber professional to join the Regional Internal Audit team as an AVP/ VP.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with Management of business units and relevant support functions for which incumbent has risk assessment responsibility including but not limited to strategy, governance, front to back processes, risk & compliance, HR and internal controls
- Perform, support or lead where directed, the planning, fieldwork, and reporting of internal audit engagements to deliver agreed assurance objectives to established standards and timelines.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation / delivery of the agreed audit plan; identify the key audit issues arising and escalating any significant audit findings that remain unresolved.
- Act as liaison with Management to ensure full understanding of business strategy, plans, products, performance and risk-related issues at business unit level and communicating these to the relevant Functional Team members via bottom-up continuing risk assessments and dialogue.
- Help develop and maintain tailored risk assessment processes for documenting and communicating the results of business risk assessment, the consolidated audit plan / strategy for the assigned business unit.
- University graduated in Business Administration, Finance or relevant disciplines; CPA qualification is preferred.
- 8-12 years of experience in internal audit in Corporate and Investment banks, risk professional or business practitioner with proper audit qualifications.
- With in-depth understanding of local regulatory requirements, business products, and additional experience in Front Office, Middle Office, Risk or Control functions would be a plus
- Strong communication skills with an ability to influence. Effective written and presentation skills. Ability to foster a participative and cooperative work environment.
- High level of understanding and analysis capacities of CIB activities, including front to back processes, risk management, accounting and IT.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and the ability to priorities and manage work of the audit team to ensure timely delivery of audit commitment
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Able to commit ~25% business travel across APAC e.g. SG, JP, AU, etc.
- Candidates with more experience will be considered as VP level