See job description for details
Group Audit helps the Board and Executive Management meet the strategic and operational objectives of the DBS Group. We conduct independent checks to ensure that the Group's risk and control processes are adequate and effective. All our team members are highly sought-after professionals who work as trusted advisors to our clients, in all matters related to a company's internal controls. Responsibilities
- Undertake audit engagements as assigned by the Regional Audit Specialist and/or ED/SVP/VP of the team according to audit plan.
- Advise and apprise promptly the Regional Audit Specialist and/or ED/SVP/VP of the team of all major risk, control and regulatory issues arising during the audit.
- Execute and complete all audits in accordance with departmental and professional standards and supervise team members during assigned audit engagements.
- Assist where appropriate in the update and maintenance of the audit strategy and plan.
- Update, maintain or review audit risk matrices, including audit work papers for each audit engagement.
- Evaluate controls over fraud risk but not to detect and investigate fraud events which is the responsibility of the 1st and 2nd lines of defence respectively.
- Test and follow up outstanding audit issues for proper implementation during each audit engagement.
- Maintain key relationships with middle level management and stakeholders, raise potential risk and control issues to audit management.
- Keep abreast of professional development opportunities to enhance skills and competence.
- Provide audit team members with proper guidance, coaching and supervision.
- Provide consultancy advice to Business/Support Units on new or revised policies and procedures so as to build up Audit's identity as trusted advisor.
- Adherence to audit charter, audit methodology, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards and relevant code of ethics, and regulatory requirements.
- Degree holder in related discipline
- 6-8 years' experience with relevant business or auditing background in financial institutions, external audit firms or consulting firms.
- Prior experience in risk management and control functions, auditing and data analytics would be an advantage but not essential
- Good knowledge of commercial banking (including cash management and trade finance)
- Good understanding of latest digital and data management technologies such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Good reporting, presentation and communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with internal / external stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Be open-minded, agile and adaptable to changes
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.