Maintain sound operations policies, procedures and systems in alignment with the business objectives of Personal and Business Banking Group with due consideration for striking a balance among efficiency, flexibility, control and customer service.
- Perform as a coordinator to administer a Personal & Business Banking Group (“PBG”) central library that consists of an up-to-date inventory of Code of Banking Practice (“CoBP”) / Product Matrix, Banking Returns / reports / surveys, Vendor List, and Product Programs. Set up and maintain a central portal to house all related documentation.
- Act as a centralized contact point for the liaison with key stakeholders, such as Compliance, Financial Management Group and Product Managers to ensure that the aforesaid inventory in the central library is timely updated, upon new issuance or changes.
- Liaise with correspondent Product Managers, PBG Department Heads and Head of Process and Control to ensure risk associated with CoBP, Banking Returns/reports/surveys, Vendor List and Product Programs are properly assessed, addressed and managed with well-defined processes and controls.
- Work with Business Operational Risk team to organize and conduct periodic assurance review as to ensure controls are well implemented.
- Collaborate with Business Operational Risk team to report issues/impacts noted on CoBP, Banking Returns/reports/surveys and Product Programs via PBG’s governance committee, in particular, PBG Compliance Committee and BORF as appropriate. Ensure/monitor the identified issues are addressed and managed with actions till final resolution.
- Support / coordinate self-assessment by Internal Audit Group regarding CoBP on annual basis.
- Handle ad-hoc tasks assigned by Team Head from time to time.
- Degree holder in Business Administration, Risk Management or related disciplines.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in retail banking operations control, business risk management, internal audit or regulatory compliance.
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements in banking industry, banking practices, operations and procedures.
- Prior experience in handling compliance assurance/assessment of code of banking practice, banking returns and/or new regulatory requirements will be a plus.
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua)