AVP, Corporate Action, Custody Operations, Securities & Fiduciary Services Operations (Team Lead)
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Manage the Custody team activities which include nominee services, account openings as well as billing processing in an efficient and cost-effective manner while maintaining high quality and adequate controls according to established procedures, guidelines within specified standards of quality, agreed service level, turnaround time and industry cut-off time
- Manage the process of corporate actions announcement collection through CCASS broadcast, HKEX website, share registrars and notifications from sub-custodians.
- Manage the process of corporate actions advices release to clients and act on their subsequent instructions
- Manage the process of distribution of corporate action entitlement to client timely and efficiently
- Manage the process of proxy voting services by informing the agenda of the meeting to clients and arrange to vote according to client's instructions
- Manage the process of lodgments, coupon payments and redemptions of paying agent services
- Provide second level client services. Handle customer inquiries and resolve / escalate problems in an efficient manner
- Handle day-to-day operations and perform checking on work done (e.g. statistic data maintenance, information updating, reconciliation of General Ledger accounts, preparation of transaction and miscellaneous reports etc.
- Comply with regulatory requirements (such as HKMA, MAS, SFC etc.) and Audit / Risk Management guidelines pertaining to the operations.
- Report any suspicious / outstanding transaction or incident to Team Manager, Department Head and other relevant parties for necessary action per the Incident Management Policy.
- Participate in user acceptance test for system enhancements. Review business requirements and functional specifications. Prepare test cases and conduct testing.
- Participate in project initiatives and business development, e.g. customer implementation, business continuity management, review of operational procedures, policies and guidelines; specific and job-related training etc.
- Handle regular and ad hoc tasks as designed by Team Manager and Department Head.
Apply Now We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- University Graduate or above
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in corporate action with 3 years' experience of people management
- Sound experience of banking operations and practices.
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end corporate action process and well versed with different types of corporate action.
- Exposure to account opening/maintained is desirable.
- Be fully conversant with CCASS, SFC Rules, SFO and HKICL
- Be familiar with the market trend and new product / system development of local and foreign securities market
- Good leadership and management capabilities
- Self-motivated with strong analytical mind and creative thinking
- Able to build an effective teamwork within the section and co-operate in a harmonious and productive manner with superiors
- Excellent communication skills and command in English and Chinese (both spoken & written)