Our client, top-tier international bank is looking for an AVP Compliance Candidate with minimum of 3 years of experience in the relative field.
- Comprehend AML/CFT laws and regulations and update changes and new developments from time to time.
- Comprehend any applicable sanctions laws and obligations and update changes / new developments from time to time
- Coordinate day-to-day preliminary clearance as to sanctions required by Head Office and comply relevant requirement for recording and storing of screening evidence.
- Design, develop & devise effective AML/CFT program for the branch.
- Ensure implementation of effective AML/CFT program in different units (including but not limited to BPs, Operations, Systems, etc.) of the branch.
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of a robust sanctions compliance program.
- Ensure the implementation of a clear process for decision making in respect of sanctions issues, including a clear escalation process which sets out the reporting mechanism to the senior management.
- Develop and carry out the training program.
- Conduct regular testing onAML/CFT program in relation to different control measures:
- An evaluation of the methodology of the system (whether manual or system) and what it is designed to identify;
- An assessment of whether the system (whether manual or system) is capturing and evaluating all of the customers and activities that it should be capturing;
- Testing of the system (whether manual or system) to determine whether it is effectively identifying or capturing reportable events or suspicious activities;
- A review of change management procedures and user access controls; and
- An evaluation of the process in place to follow up on identified non- compliance items.
- Carry out specific functions designated under theAML/CFT program, etc. including but not limited to the following:
- Conduct day to day clearance as to sanctions and reporting;
- Disseminate & maintain comprehensive filtering database;
- Notify all staff upon receipt any notification from regulatory bodies and Head Office;
- Conduct day to day suspicious transaction investigation and reporting; and
- Develop and review effective Monitoring Report against all risk factors.
- To prepare and review AML/CFT MIS reports;
- To monitor and make recommendations for process improvement;
- To participate and report in Committee Meeting as needed;
- To provide AML/CFT related advisory to colleagues;
- To provide AML/CFT related training to colleagues.