AVP/ Associate - Accounting Policy
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
- Regional Role - Top Tier Global Investment bank - IFRS (Accounting Policy)
Our client, a top tier global Investment bank is looking to hire a technically strong and analytical minded professional to join their APAC Accounting Policy practice.
In this role, you will
- Support the analysis, interpretation and understanding of the requirements of existing and new accounting standards and the impact on the business.
- Research and document technical accounting issues under IFRS and USGAAP.
- Participating in technical accounting and deal reviews.
- Evaluate the impact of changes in accounting standards on the existing operational accounting and reporting processes
- Respond to technical developments, assist in the formulation of accounting policies and the drafting of internal implementation guidance.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training on accounting policies and their application.
- Preparation of transaction memos covering accounting implication of new products or material transactions.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
Post qualified accountant, such as HKICPA, or CPA
Experience in IFRS technical accounting skills from industry or professional practice
Preparation or audit of financial statements under IFRS with either an audit practice, preferably from Big Four audit firm or another Investment Bank
Strong language and presentation skills.
Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of planning and problem solving, ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities and develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Excellent opportunity to join a stable top tier global investment bank.
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Eshanka Jain on +852 2848 9524