AVP - Senior Auditor, Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe. Job Purpose:
This role supports the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
Banking Capital Markets & Advisory (BCMA) provides comprehensive financial advisory and products including Mergers & Acquisitions and capital raising services to top corporations, financial institutions and governments worldwide. This includes a diverse range of underwriting and other products within the Equity and Debt Capital Markets as well as within Structured Finance such as Securitization, Leasing and Project & Infrastructure Financing.
The internal audit team for BCMA consists of diverse audit professionals, located in four different regions (North America, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America). Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Competencies
- As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
- Performs moderately complex audits related to the Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory business; technology management; project/program management; or supplier management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Self-starter that can work independently with moderate level of supervision; a team player that accepts and take on instructions and suggestions from the supervisors and other team members.
- Possesses strong project management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Provides coaching and support to team members in all phases of the audit process.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
Job Family Group:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of Lending, Underwriting and Financing products, especially those associated with the Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory business.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
Internal Audit Job Family:
Audit Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting