AVP - Regional Investigations
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 16S8091
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Global financial services organisation have a great opportunity for an experienced candidate to join their regional investigations team.
Based in Hong Kong this team is tasked with investigating incidents of suspected fraud and serious wrongdoing in order to protect the assets and reputation of the bank and its clients. Joining an established and experience team your role will involve -
Key responsibilities -
- Investigate in order to identify the root cause of our product/process vulnerabilities, identification of employee behaviour that breaches policy, detection of fraud perpetrators and the recovery of stolen or lost assets
- Documenting investigation outcomes in the form of comprehensive investigation reports
- Investigating referrals from the firms Ethics Office at the regional level, keeping close record of closed and ongoing cases.
- Developing and adding value to investigative referrals through data research, forensic analysis, interviewing, liaison with law enforcement agencies and compilation of information from a variety of sources both internal and external to the business
- Build internal relationships with peers in the risk and control functions and with the different business and function groups
- Build and maintain external relationships with sister bank fraud investigators, law enforcement, industry peers and other sources of support in an effort to establish partnerships and areas of support that enhance the ability for timely intelligence sharing, prosecution and recovery
- Responsible for representing the firm in criminal prosecution and civil court matters. Must have some knowledge of banking products, operations and processes in order to provide accurate and supportive testimony
- A minimum of 5 years practical investigative work in banking or consultancy or law enforcement experience in Fraud and/or Banking investigations
- Knowledge of Consumer Banking financial products.
- Knowledge of Corporate / Markets & Banking financial products an advantage
- Ideally, extensive years financial crime and/or internal/ethics investigative experience in a banking, regulatory, consultancy or law enforcement environment. However, serious consideration will be given to candidates without investigative experience who possess strong banking product knowledge, in an audit, controls, risk or compliance capacity.
- Forensic accountancy experience an advantage
- An understanding of applicable legal statutes as they relate to financial crimes and/ or appropriate procedures for conducting internal investigations
- University level education preferred or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication and personal skills
- Self-sufficient and a self-starter
- Fluency in English and Cantonese preferred, proficiency in Mandarin an advantage
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask by carrying a diverse and complex caseload
- Some travel will be required within APAC