AVP - Operations Analyst (MIS APAC)
The Regulatory Support and Controls (RSC) team in MIS Operations is responsible for the execution, support, remediation and controls of processes and enabling technology that support the end-to-end credit rating process and regulatory-mandated processes. RSC is looking for an AVP Ops Analyst to join the team.
The AVP Ops Analyst represents a key role in the delivery of key initiatives and business processes that are critical to the execution of MIS strategies and establishing standard operational objectives. Individual will be responsible for Performing the Analyst Licensing Processes and Controls for Hong Kong and Singapore and for performing and/or monitoring the Outsourcing process controls. The role will support the respective MIS Board of Directors, Country Managers and the Regional Head (as risk owners) in their oversight and review of the effectiveness of these processes.
- The APAC Regulatory Process Owner will be responsible for implementation and execution of the Analyst Licensing processes in Hong Kong and Singapore
- Support and monitor the effectiveness of the Outsourcing requirements/processes
- Report to local and regional management (as risk owners) on the effectiveness of such processes and controls, and assisting in identifying and implementing needed enhancements
- Manage staff in the execution of the licensing process and escalate issues to local and regional management as needed
- Report process outcomes by generating senior management reporting and implement processes to validate that reports are complete, accurate and produced on time
- Coordinate with Rating and Research, Human Resources, and control functions to address and resolve issues
- Continuously seek out opportunities to streamline and standardize business processes and enhance operational controls and efficiencies
- Undergraduate BA/BS degree in business, finance/economics, management or similar field; MBA a plus
- 8+ years of operational control, business process and/or business analysis experience with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience with review and monitoring of internal controls, and working with internal controls frameworks and risk standards
- Ability to interact comfortably with different levels of management and articulate/present issues clearly and succinctly
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to set direction, ensuring working groups meet project deliverables
- Self-starter and team player with ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple, competing priorities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to reach across organization to successfully resolve requests/inquiries
- Highly organized and efficient, with an attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Experience managing global, cross-functional projects and teams required
- Ability to supervise, facilitate, negotiate, and resolve interpersonal or inter-team conflicts
- Excellent Powerpoint skills and knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Moody's rating systems, analysis tools and operational processes a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.