AVP/Vice President - Intermediary Business Development Manager
BNY Mellon Investment Management is the investment management arm of BNY Mellon, one of the world's largest financial services groups. We currently have presence in 9 locations in Asia-Pacific, namely Hong Kong, Mumbai, Pune, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Taipei and Tokyo. We believe the right results begin by being relevant to every client, whether that is engaging the way they want, offering diversified strategies, or providing advice and quality insights for better informed decisions.
Today, we have eight investment management firms, located across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions: Alcentra, ARX, Dreyfus Cash Investment Strategies, Insight, Mellon, Newton Investment Management, Siguler Guff and Walter Scott. Our investment management model brings to clients the best of both worlds: specialist expertise from eight world-class investment firms offering solutions across every major asset class, backed by the strength, proven stewardship and global presence of BNY Mellon, one of the world's most trusted investment partners.
Our multi-investment firm model gives us the flexibility to offer clients a compelling suite of responsible investment (RI) solutions. Each investment firm approaches RI in alignment with its own philosophy. We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
The Investment Management Hong Kong is looking for a Vice President, Business Development Manager for Intermediary Business based in Hong Kong
. This position is to manage the intermediary activities with a major focus on building and expanding the Retail Business
proactively in Hong Kong and Greater China markets for BNY Mellon Investment Management offerings in HK and with Strategic distribution partners:
- Develop and implement sales strategy for HK Intermediary Distribution Business that is consistent with the overall BNY Mellon Investment Management sales strategy;
- Expending Retail distribution channel in terms of client type such as but not limited to Retail Bank, Insurance companies, Fund Platform, Brokers, IFAs, etc.;
- Increase the shelf space penetration of BNY Mellon Investment Management products
- Grow and maintaining existing clients and assets;
- Maintain an understanding of the full range of BNY Mellon Investment Management products for providing suitable solutions to distributors and investors;
- Coordinate and ensure delivery of after sales service to clients;
- Keep appropriate records In Salesforces of sales activities including call meeting notes, prospective client contacts, activity against targets etc.;
- Produce business plans and maintaining robust pipeline of business opportunities;
- Liaise with Marketing to ensure the appropriate activities are undertaken to support the product range;
- Working hand in hand with other BNY Mellon teams (e.g. Product, Client Services, Marketing, Operations, Legal and Compliance) on planning, resources allocation and coordinating with IM EMEA sales team and our Boutiques in order to enhance sales effectiveness and efficiency;
- Entrepreneur mentality with strong team work attitude;
- Strong client database within retail banks and Insurance companies will be an advantage
- Bachelor's degree holder (Business, Marketing or Finance related), CFA is preferred.
- At least 5+ years experience in Business Development and Asset Management industry is preferred
- Experience in Account management, client services/sales support role, preferably in Intermediary Business
- Fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English must be required
- Excellent computer skill, experience in Salesforce, Morningstar and Bloomberg Terminal would be advantageous
- Strong Investment knowledge
- Strong communication and presentation skill to dealing with different client segments, such as Fund Selection teams, Relationship Managers and Retail Investors